Sunday, August 10, 2014

Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to review my digital portfolio. While www.jenniferhudsontaylor.com is my author website to promote my books and connect with readers, this site is to showcase my digital creativity and talent to secure future employment and/or freelance and consulting opportunities. As you will discover, my nonprofit experience has required me to wear many hats in developing various skill assets in Marketing & Communications. 

For the past eight years I have been the sole marketing and outreach department for a $15 million nonprofit. This means I am the writer, editor, graphic designer, website developer, social media marketer, as well as the creator of our videos and motion graphics. I manage our outreach department from budgets, campaign promotions, coming up with concepts and theme designs, to helping with fundraising and advocacy events and am responsible for all printed and digital communications. I give presentations, speeches and set up display tables. I write our press releases, manage the email and mailing databases, work with outside vendors for printing, translation and other consulting needs. I create our email newsletters and advocacy alerts.

What do I enjoy most about my job? The ability to be creative! I love taking an idea or a concept and building it into a tangible product that people can see, hear and experience.