Saturday, January 11, 2014

Photo Editing

I use Photoshop to edit, enhance, airbrush and manipulate photos as needed to create concepts, use in videos and on websites, or in larger graphic design images.

Storm Creation Scene at Cambridge
The images below are the stages of my work in progress. I decided to use this photo of a snowy road leading to Cambridge University for my video book trailer on Awakened Redemption. The setting of the book is in Regency England (1815). Therefore, I had to remove all modern items from the image, including people wearing modern clothes, bicycles, etc. Once I transported the image through time, I needed to insert thunder clouds and cast a dark shadow across the background. I did this so the lightning motion graphic effect in the video would look more realistic.

Click on the images below to enlarge them.